SAPUTARA HILL RESORT
- Gujarat's picturesque hill station is perched on a plateau in the Dang forest area of
the Sahyadri Range. At an altitude of about 100 km. It has a cool bracing climate, the
highest temperature even in the summer months not exceeding 28 Degree C. Saputara means
the Abode of Serpents and a Snake image on the banks of the river Sarpagana is worshipped
by the Adivasis on festivals like Holi.
- Saputara has been developed as a planned hill resort with all the necessary amenities
like hotels, parks, swimming pools, boat club, theatres and a museum to ensure an
enjoyable holiday in the cool of the hills. Saputara is only 164 kms. from Surat.
Excursions from Saputara can be made to the wild life sanctuary in the Mahal Bardipara
forest, 60 kms from the resort and the Gira Waterfalls 52 kms away.
- The thick forest around Saputara is dotted with Adivasi tribal villages and their unique
dance is of great interest to visitors.
How to get there :
- Air : Nearest airport is Mumbai.
- Rail : Nearest railway station is Waghai, on the Billimora Waghai
narrow gauge section of the Western Railway. For those coming from Gujarat via Surat or
Ahmedabad or even from Bombay, Billimora is the most convenient rail head as direct bus
service is available from there.
- Road : State transport buses and private luxury coaches connects
various centers of Gujarat and Maharastra. It is situated 409 kms from Ahmedabad and 51
kms from Waghai.
Page | About Rajkot | Art
| Business | Culture
| Services | Tourism | Interesting Sites |
Developed & Hosted by RAJKOT.COM
Send us mail with suggestions & questions about
the web site