- AIMS AND OBJECTS AND ACTIVITES
- The aims and objects of Shri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Rajkot are the same
as those of its parent twin organization Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, Belur.
Briefly stated they are :
- Self-realization and service to the world.
- To practice and propagate the universal teachings of
Vedanta as preached by Shri Ramakrishna and practically illustrated in his own life, and
promote religious harmony and universal brotherhood.
To look upon men and women, irrespective of caste,
creed and colour as veritable manifestations of the Divine and serve all by
ministering to their physical, intellectual and spiritual needs.
- Out of multifarious programs of work of the parent organizations, the
Rajkot Centre conducts the following activities :
- To maintain a Universal Temple of Shri Ramakrishna for the benefit of
public who come for prayers and meditation.
- To organize classes, lectures etc. at the Ashrama as well as in other
places of Gujarat for the propagation of spiritual ideas and values.
- To observe the birthdays of Shri Ramakrishna, the Holy Mother Shri
Saradadevi, Swami Vivekananda and saints, Prophets and other incarnations.
- To publish Shri Rarnakrishna-Vivekananda-Vedanta Literature in
- To provide facilities for good reading and study to the public
through its Free Reading Room and Library. To train young school boys in its Vidyarthi
Mandir (a hostel) so that they may become ideal citizens of India with sound moral
character and love for their motherland and her national culture.
- To serve the poor and needy patients by giving free medical aid
through its Charitable Dispensary.
- To conduct a monthly journal 'Shri Ramakrishna Jyot' for the spread
of religion and national spiritual culture.
- To undertake relief and rehabilitation activities for the afflicted
people In time of natural calamities.